Wednesday, June 8, 2011

True Story

The other night the wife decided to clean off her bedside table and bring the dozen(?) of Pepsi cans she had collected into the kitchen. Last time this happened I took it upon myself to rinse all those cans out and put in the recycling bin only to find out there was a whole new society growing in some of these fizzy drink leftovers, so this time it was decided that I would leave them alone and let the old ball and chain deal with her collection of aluminium petri dishes.
Then, as I was standing there preparing a delicious meal I heard something. It sounded almost like scribbling. I thought nothing further of it, until I saw something moving in the pile of pop cans. On closer inspection it was obvious that a flag like object looked like it was being hoisted from the midst of sugary syrup containers. What on earth was this? Did my gorgeous eyes deceit me? Indeed, they did not! A flag, complete with pole had been erected on my kitchen counter. I read what was written on said banner and finally understood what was going on.





Now Mouldie and I are friends. We hang out every night in the kitchen.

No comments: