Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let the countdown begin

I am a big fan of lists, so I was delighted when I found Topless Robot. A really cool site with proper nerdy lists - this is my favourite. It is about time some one tells it the way it is! Spider-man just isn't cool as a comic strip, and I think all those people with Cathy strips on their fridge door are just being pretentious since it just isn't funny - it just has the reputation of being so.

Also - here is my list of my most anticipated movies of 2009:

6. Terminator Salvation - Christian Bale as John Connor actually fighting the war against the machines we keep hearing about. A Welsh playing the last hope of mankind. I'm sold!

5. Boondock Saints II, All Saints Day - Troy Duffy will finally try to top his 1999 masterpiece. It won't be the same without Agent Smecker, though.

4. Inglourious Basterds - Tarantino directing Pitt in a World War II movie. So far I have only seen photos from the set, but it looks awesome!

3. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Hugh Jackman returns as the coolest mutant ever. Let the shredding begin!

2. Watchmen - I know I have made this out to be the coolest flick in a long time, and it probably will be. Although since we don't know for sure if it's really coming out in 2009...

1. Public Enemies - C'mon, its Johnny Depp playing John Dillinger. Can't get much cooler than that. I have been promised Tommy Guns and pin striped suits galore, all Johnny's gotta do is to deliver as usual.



No comments: